In order to calculate the overlap during a survey mission your mapping program needs to know what camera you’re using. Here’s how to add a custom camera depending on which program you’re using and what lens:
- Find your Mission Planner install folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner
- Locate file named “cameras.xml” and open in text editor (Notepad)
- Add below text before/after any of the sections
Survey2 + 3.97mm Lens (Standard Lens Included):
<name>Survey2 3.97mm 16MP</name>
Survey1 + 4.35mm Lens (Standard Lens Included):
<name>Survey1 4.3mm 12MP</name>
Download Survey2 XML HERE
Download Survey1 XML HERE
- Download XML above. Or, open text editor (Notepad), copy text below exactly, save as something descriptive such as “MAPIR_Camera.xml” making sure extension is “.xml”.
- Using a file explorer application (such as ASTRO File Manager), browse to the main internal storage of your Android device. It should be labeled as "Internal storage". Some devices will have a "0" folder or some may call it "sdcard". You will find other folders titled "Android", "DCIM", etc at this main internal storage file level.
- Create a new folder titled exactly "3DRServices" on the Android device at the same main internal storage level, so: Internal storage/3DRServices or /0/3DRServices/ or /sdcard/3DRServices/. If the folder doesn't show up after you create it, refresh the app and/or close it and reopen it.
- Inside that 3DRServices folder, create a new folder titled exactly "CameraInfo" on the Android device: Internal storage/3DRServices/CameraInfo or /0/3DRServices/CameraInfo/ or /sdcard/3DRServices/CameraInfo/
- Move the XML into the CameraInfo folder you created. Long press on the file and select "Move" then browse to the CameraInfo folder and press "Paste".
- Restart Tower and 3DR Services app. When you create a survey there should be an option to choose the MAPIR camera.
Here is the text that is in the xml documents:
Questions please Contact Us.